Full Job Description
About the Role
We’re looking for an inspiring and passionate leader who will shape the future of product visual language across our product touchpoints. The Principal Product Designer, Visual Systems will lead the creation of united visual systems for the entire product experience across platforms, that delights our patients at every interaction. You will establish and uphold a high bar for aesthetics, UX/UI principles, accessibility, and brand communication by creating, instilling, and evolving compelling visual systems of Nu Image Medical's design systems.
What You’ll Do:
- Bring strong conceptual thinking to define elegant and delightful visual solutions across product touchpoints.
- Deliver human-centered Visual/UI principles in a scalable design system and robust documentation.
- Bring strong leadership to influence and inspire a broader Product Design team and push boundaries to up-level the quality of our visual craft by conducting design reviews, coaching, and guiding.
- Evolve the visual systems by developing a future-forward Visual/UI that keeps our design language on trends, is competitive, and meets the needs of users at all times.
- Collaborate closely with the Product Designers, Engineers, Product Managers, and Research teams to continue evolving the visual systems and serve the needs of patients.
- Foster partnerships with teams outside the Tech Org, including Brand/Marketing to ensure product visual systems communicate and deepen Nu Image Medical's brand values in a consistent manner across customer journeys.
- You’re a proven design leader, having led projects through all phases of the product lifecycle: engaging in early-stage brainstorming and wire-framing, through to shipping
- You’re able to think, execute within, and expand holistic design systems and component libraries
- You’re a data-driven designer, able to identify key trends throughout the product and understand how your designs influence those trends
- You have a solid grasp of web standards, accessibility, standard design patterns, and responsive design
- You thrive on ownership. You own your work, and you make sure things get done
- You’re able to delve deep into complex problems, even if that means stepping outside of your comfort zone -- healthcare isn’t simple (unfortunately!)
- 5+ years in a visual design role, tackling a wide range of visual and brand design projects
- A thorough understanding of typography, color, and photography
- A holistic approach to design, from high-level strategy to small design details
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present your decisions and processes clearly and confidently
- A collaborative approach and ability to partner with other designers and cross-functional stakeholders
- Enthusiasm for growth and improvement, openness to feedback
- Adaptability and excitement for working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud and Figma
- Experience with 3D a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Tampa, FL: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: One location